Manchester Leisure Pass
The Manchester Leisure Pass is FREE.
Once obtained it entitles residents, within the area covered by Manchester City Council to a discount at their local leisure facilities. Discounts are variable depending on time of day and activity, please contact you local centre to determine the exact savings.
Am I eligible for a Manchester Leisure Pass (MLP)?
To qualify for the MLP, you must live within the Manchester city boundaries. These are postcodes M1 - M23 (with the exceptions of M5, M6 and M7 which are affiliated to Salford City Council) and some parts of M40.
In addition residents of Manchester overspill estates may also be eligible for the MLP. As a general indication, if you pay your Council tax to Manchester City Council you should be eligible.
Where can I get a Manchester Leisure Pass?
The MLP is available from all the Sports Trust leisure facilities on this map but not the following:
- Arcadia Leisure Centre
- Ardwick Sports Hall
- Manchester Regional Arena
- Manchester Regional Gymnastics Centre
- Manchester Regional Hockey Centre
- Manchester Tennis and Football CentreYou can also obtain a pass from the following fitness centres:
- Sportcity Health and Fitness (external site): 0161 220 3800
- Forum Leisure (external site): 0161 935 4020
How do I obtain the MLP?
All applicants must visit one of the facilities above and provide:
- A passport sized photograph, for use on the pass,
- Show proof of residence within the areas of Manchester (referred to above).
The accepted forms of identification are:
- Driving Licence
- Television Licence
- Domestic Rates Bill
- Water Rates Bill
- Official Rent Book or Card (Housing benefits cheques will NOT be accepted as proof of residency)
- Student Identification or Library Card (complete with address)
- Nurses Identification Card (complete with address)
When can I use my MLP?
The Manchester Leisure Pass can be used to get discounts for both swimming and dry activities.
Monday - Friday
Off Peak times:
9 am - 12 noon
2 pm - 5 pm
Peak Charge times:
Before 9 am
12 noon - 2 pm
5 pm - Close
Weekends - Peak Charge applies at all opening times
Monday - Friday
9 am - 12 noon - Off Peak Charge
2pm - 5 pm Off Peak Charge
Terms and Conditions of Manchester Leisure Pass
Manchester Leisure Pass discounts are not always available during specific sessions such as: adult only sessions and lane swimming.
Please contact your local leisure centre for details.
The Manchester Leisure Pass is only applicable to the holder and is non transferable.