Here you can access data and intelligence relating to deprivation
Key deprivation statistics
- A key tool used in assessing deprivation is the Indices of Deprivation 2015. This model combines data from across 7 domains, to produce an overall relative measure of deprivation. Each small area in England is ranked from 1 (most deprived) to 32,844 (least deprived).
- Manchester ranks 5 out of 326 local authorities in England, where 1 is the most deprived.
Local level deprivation data can be access from the Intelligence Hub, where you can view and download the data on a map and a chart.
A number of reports have been produced by the council relating to deprivation. This includes summary analysis of the overall Index of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) and reports for each individual domain.
External data and intelligence
- Data for Indices of Multiple Deprivation 2015 can be downloaded directly from the DCLG website. The next issue of the Indices of Deprivation is expected in summer 2019.
- OCSI have compiled some useful information relating to the Indices of Multiple Deprivation and their uses.
- Child poverty statistics are available from DWP and from Her Majesty's Revenues and Customs (HMRC).