Accessing transport for older people
Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) provide services to help older people access transport to get around the city.
- Journey Planning - travel information including bus timetables and a journey planner to find your route using an address or area
- Low fares and free travel for people over 60 - information about free travel for older people
- Ring and Ride - a door-to-door accessible minibus service for people of all ages who find it hard to use public transport
- Local Link - a low-cost, flexible, accessible transport service available to everyone, filling in the gaps where other public transport options are limited or unavailable
If you have concerns about bus stops, or buses, or have transport issues, you can reach the TfGM Customer Contact Centre on email@example.com or 0161 244 1000.
- Transport service directory - an up to date directory of various transport services for older people
- Manchester Community Transport - check the routes offered by the largest, non-publicly funded community transport operator in Greater Manchester
- Hospital transport - information about the Patient Transport Service (PTS), a facility available if you have a medical or clinical condition which may stop you getting to your appointment by any other means
- Blue Badge disabled parking permits - information on how to apply, renew or report a stolen or misused blue badge
The Age Friendly Manchester (AFM) Older People's Board has provided an official response to a recent TfGM consultation, 'Greater Manchester Transport Strategy 2040: Our Vision'. The AFM Older People's Board discussed the draft strategy at two formal meetings and also consulted with the city's Older People's Forum.
Further information regarding the TfGM strategy is available: Greater Manchester Transport Strategy 2040: Our Vision