Listed below are some valuable and up to date resources for your health needs, including those targeted towards older people.
- NHS Choices - large source of information for various symptoms, conditions, medicines and treatments. You can also use your postcode to find services near you.
- Choose Well Manchester - a symptom checker to provide advice on which healthcare provider is the most appropriate, plus advice on managing long term conditions, what everyone should have in their medicine cabinet and where your local services are.
- Adult Care & Support directory - a list of services relating to healthy lifestyles, keeping fit, financial planning and getting older.
There are many services which can provide you with help and support to maintain good health and wellbeing:
- Memory problems and dementia - information from Alzheimers UK about types of dementia and how it is diagnosed
- People First Dementia Support Service - Free support is available to people aged 55+ living in Manchester who are exhibiting signs of dementia, memory loss or confusion. Their team of Community Support Workers visit clients at home. You can contact them on 0161 235 6900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Together Dementia Support - Together Dementia Support is a not-for-profit Community Interest Company offering support and activities for people living with dementia, their carers and supporters in Manchester
- Age UK - health and wellbeing information from the UK's largest charity working with older people
- Tax Help for Older People - provide a free, confidential and professional tax advice service to those over 60 (or retired) with an annual income of less than £20,000 per year
- Feeling low or anxious? The Sanctuary operates across Manchester to provide support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to people who are feeling distressed, low or anxious. Call them on 0300 003 7029 (local rate number).
- Manchester Carers Forum - Advice and support for carers. They also arrange GP appointments designed just for carers
- The Over 50s Relationships and Sexual Health - a booklet covering health issues related to: sexual well-being; wanting, finding and starting new relationships; moving on from relationships; and being single
- Manchester Care and Repair - a charity working to improve the homes and lives of older and disabled people. Services include advice and support for energy efficiency, home repairs, independent living and those recently home from hospital, plus handyperson services
- Read about the Care Act 2014 - a formal document describing a national level of care and support