Manchester City Council

Business & investment Trading standards

Advice for consumers and traders

We are responsible for enforcing a wide range of criminal legislation aimed at protecting consumers and maintaining standards of fair trading.

We visit shops, pubs, garages, restaurants, petrol stations and other businesses, such as credit agencies, wholesalers and importers and ensure weights and measures of goods are accurate and that they are sold as described.

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?