Support for employers
1. Companies employing up to 1000 staff and that have not taken on an apprentice in the last 12 months can receive a grant of £1,500 for taking on 16 - 24 year old apprentices. This grant can be combined with grant 2 but not with grant 3 below for the same person.
Up to 100% towards the cost of training depending on the age of the apprentice.
Contact the National Apprenticeship Service on 0800 150600 or visit the web site.
2. Companies can receive £750 for taking on an unemployed 16 - 24 year old from Greater Manchester who is not in education or training. Before deciding to recruit employers can also offer 6 week 'working interviews'. Grant 2 can be combined with grant 1 and 3.
Contact the Greater Manchester Commitment Team at the Commission for the New Economy on 0161 2374157 or click here.
3. Companies taking on a long-term unemployed 18 - 24 year old from the Work Programme for at least 6 months can receive a grant of up to £2,275. This does not have to be an apprenticeship. This grant cannot be combined with grant 1 above for the same person. It can be combined with grant 2.
Contact one of the three following providers delivering this service in Manchester:
Avanta - 0800 6816628, Theperfectfit@avanta.uk.com
G4S - 0161 2389726, firstname.lastname@example.org
Seetec - 0845 3032963, email@example.com
4. Companies recruiting a young disabled person through Work Choice, a national support programme for disabled people with the most complex needs, will receive a payment of up to £2,275.
Contact the Shaw Trust on 0161 9534457.
5. Companies taking on a graduate intern will receive a £1,000 incentive towards the cost of employing an intern for a minimum of 8 weeks. Graduates must earn a minimum of £250 per week or pro rata if part time.
Contact Manchester Metropolitan University on 0161 2476512 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Manchester Employer Suite provides a free matching service to help employers find the right staff and offers professional recruitment facilities for open days and interviewing.
Gov.UK provides online information and tools to help businesses with recruiting and employing people.