How to vote
The Electoral Commissions About my vote website provides electors with guidance on the different ways you can cast your vote.
We are committed to making sure that everybody who wants to vote and is eligible, can do so and offer a range of services to voters before and on polling day. This includes:
Before the election
- Assistance to complete electoral registration forms and postal vote packs
- Information about registration and voting available in alternative formats on request
On polling day
- Polling stations accessible to wheelchair users and people who have limited mobility
- A special device called a Tactile Voting Device which can be used to enable blind and partially sighted electors to vote in person
- Large print ballot papers available in every polling station
- Specially trained staff available to provide information about how to vote and to provide assistance when required.
- The option of taking a companion (close relative or elector qualified to vote at the election) with you for assistance
If you want to know more about support and assistance available for registration and voting please contact us on 0161 234 1212 (Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm).