St. Joseph's Industrial Schools
St. Joseph's Industrial Schools were established at 8 Richmond Grove, Victoria Park, Longsight, in 1871 to provide a Catholic education for the children of Catholics in the Victoria Park and Longsight area.
St. Joseph's operated as an approved school from 1933. It moved to London Road, Nantwich, at the outbreak of the Second World War. The Working Boys' Home, 6 Richmond Grove (opened 1882) also belonged to St. Joseph's.
The records of the Boys School are held at Cheshire Archives.
The records of the Girls School are held by The Daughters of Charity.
More information on the boys and girls schools can be found at the Manchester History website.