Bury Union Workhouse (Jericho Institution)Bury's first workhouse, also known as the Redvales workhouse, was erected in 1775 to the south of the town on the Manchester Road. A new workhouse was opened at Jericho in 1857. It was renamed Jericho Institution in 1929. In 1948 it became Fairfield Hospital.
- Admission and Discharge Registers 1864-1907 (some gaps)
Creed Registers 1869-1934
Burial Registers 1858-1946
Records containing medical information of patients are closed for 100 years.