Donations and Deposits
The Documentary Photography Archive accepted on deposit material originally assembled by individuals, families, organisations or businesses:
- Lancashire and Cheshire Photographic Union
- North Manchester Camera Club (mainly lantern slides)
- Northern Photographic Group (documentary records), 1960-1973
- Half Plate Postal Club, Circle 19, 1979-1989
- Lafayette Studio, Manchester (half plate negatives), 1927-1952
- Harry Lonsdale Studio, Ramsbottom, 1930s-1950s
- Panora (panoramic photographs of school groups)
The Greater Manchester County Record Office has a collection of negatives taken by a company called Panora, which specialised in panoramic photographs of school groups. Photographs were taken of schools throughout the country from 1968 to 1985.
Collection of George Wakefield, prolific author of manuals on photography and regular contributor to "Amateur Photographer".
Oral History Collection
The Documentary Photography Archive includes a small collection of tape-recorded interviews with people who worked in some aspect of the photographic industry. This collection includes an interview with Harold Shields, of Panora; Chambre Hardman of Liverpool; and Tony Walker, proprietor of the Belle Vue Studio in Bradford.