Manchester City Council

Roads, parking & transport Parking outside my home

Dropped kerb to allow driveway access

You can apply for the kerb in front of your driveway to be lower to allow easier access to your property.  To qualify you must have a driveway, approved by us. For permission to create a driveway you should contact Planning.

The work will be carried out if it is safe, physically possible and don't have a detrimental affect on street lighting, utility services, street trees or furniture.

A standard dropped kerb measures 3.0m x 2.0m and costs £1013, if bigger in size additional costs will apply. 

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?