Ancoats - George Leigh Street parking scheme
Read the residents parking terms and conditions before applying for a permit.
Days and times of restricted parking
- Parking restrictions apply from Monday to Saturday, 8am – 6pm.
- No limit to how long people can park outside these hours
Permits are free of charge and valid for one year.
- If you live within the scheme,you can apply for a permit(s) for all vehicles that are registered to your property.
- If you have a driveway you won't be allowed a permit as you will be expected to park on your drive unless you have more than one vehicle registered to your home and can't fit them on your drive. In this instance you can have a permit for other registered vehicles.
- Permits are registered to specific vehicles, so make sure that the vehicle on the highway is the one with the valid permit.
- Permits allow you to park in any of the dual use (Residents and Pay and Display) bays within the scheme.
- You can use any of the parking bays within the scheme at any time free of charge.
Remember to display your permit clearly.
- Residents can also apply for one visitors' permit which is free of charge and valid for one year.
What you'll need to tell us
To apply online for your permit, you will need to be able to scan and upload:
- proof of your address - either a recent utility bill, deeds to the building or copy of your rent agreement; and
- your insurance certificate; and
- either your V5C Registration Certificate - Logbook, or proof that the vehicle is a company car.
If you are applying for a replacement permit because yours has been stolen we'll need your crime reference number.
You won't be asked for any payment details on this form.