If you are organising an event which includes moving people along the highway from an agreed start point to finish point you need permission for us. This includes: demonstrations, charity events, celebrations, processions and marches.
When planning your event you must consider the following points:
will the event require the closing of roads, there is a charge of £124 to close a road(s);
will traffic need to be diverted / stopped to facilitate your event?
- have you prepared a Traffic Management Plan (how will participants be protected from live traffic and other potential dangers for the duration of the event);
- will this event affect public transport and have you contacted the relevant services (buses, Metrolink, trains);
how many people will be taking part; including mobility issues, children and type of vehicles;
- have you spoken to local residents and businesses to gauge public opinion?
have you discussed the event with the Police;
- if you require the Police to provide traffic management (road closures/stopping traffic), do you have sufficient funding in place?
- have you discussed the required insurances with the relevant bodies, such as Public Liability Insurance?
You should submit application 8 weeks before the event, we will assess and contact you to discuss further.