Information, Advice and Support (IAS) Manchester
IAS Manchester is the new name for the Parent Partnership Service. IAS Manchester offers independent information, advice and support to parents and carers to increase their involvement in the education of their children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). The service also ensures that parents, carers and young people have access to information and advice about issues relating to the child or young person's health and social care.
What does IAS Manchester do?
- advice, information and individual support about the special educational needs system including Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans
- where appropriate, referral to Independent Supporters to help families and young people going through the process of converting a SEN Statement to an EHC Plan
- support with education letters and meetings about your child's SEN
- support to make your views, choices and decisions known
- a confidential and impartial telephone helpline service
- parental/carer drop-ins in community locations and home visits if needed
- encourage partnership and dialogue between parents, Children's Services (Education), schools and voluntary organisations
- liaise with the Statutory Assessment Team and schools' SENCOs to progress your issues
- signposting to statutory, voluntary and community organisations