Manchester City Council

Schools & education Parent Partnership Service

What does Parent Partnership Service do?

Manchester Parent Partnership Service offers support, advice and information to parents and carers to increase their involvement in the education of their children with Special Educational Needs (SEN).

What we have to offer parents and carers

  • advice, information and individual support about the special educational needs system
  • support with education letters and meetings about your child's SEN
  • support to make your views, choices and decisions known
  • a confidential and impartial telephone helpline service
  • parental/carer drop-ins in community locations and home visits if needed
  • encourage partnership and dialogue between parents, Children's Services (Education), schools and voluntary organisations
  • liaise with the Statutory Assessment Team and schools' SENCOs to progress your issues
  • downloadable resources for parents/carers of children with SEN
  • signposting to statutory, voluntary and community organisations

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?