How to return your application
Remember you must pre-register on gov.uk before you can apply.
All application forms must:
- be formatted for printing on A4 paper; and
- be in Arial 12 point font; and
- include page numbers.
Annexes are excluded from the page limit and should be restricted to CVs, marketing leaflets, and information about key individuals.
Do not include photographs, images and logos in your application, other than any maps, if relevant.
You need to send email and hard copies of your application.
You must email your application to:
- us at firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- The Department for Education at FreeSchool.SPECIAL@education.gov.uk.
Your email should not be larger than 9MB. Anything larger will not be received. If your application is larger than 9MB, split the documents and send two or more emails.
Title your email: Special free school application – [insert free school name].
Electronic files must:
- must be identical to the hard copies
- include the name of your proposed school in the file names.
These must be sent by a guaranteed delivery method.
Send one copy to us at:
LA Commissioned Special Free School
School Admissions & Place Planning
Town Hall Extension Level 4
Manchester City Council
PO Box 532
and send two hard copies to the Department for Education at:
Special Free Schools Team
Department for Education