Manchester City Council

Councillor Sheila Newman

Our sympathies are with the family and friends of Councillor Sheila Newman, Executive Member for Children’s Services and current Lady Mayoress of Manchester, who passed away last night.

Read our tribute.


Benefits & support The evidence you need to send us for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

Evidence of your National Insurance number can be one of these.

  • P45 or P60.
  • Letter from HM Revenue and Customs about tax or tax credit.
  • Bank statements showing payments by direct debit for class-2 National Insurance contributions, or benefit payments received showing your NINo on the statement, for example, Incapacity Benefit or State Pension.
  • Payslips, salary statement or works pension statement (as long as it shows your NINo).
  • Letter that the Pension Service or Jobcentre Plus has sent to you (not handwritten).
  • NINo card (not handwritten).

These are examples, not a full list. We need one document to confirm your National Insurance number and one to confirm your partner's National Insurance number, if you have a partner.

See the government's website for more about National Insurance and how to apply for a National Insurance number if you don't have one.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?