Council Tax Benefit appeals
Council Tax Benefit was a way of getting help with your Council Tax bill before April 2013 if you had a low income.
In April 2013 it was replaced by Council Tax Support.
If for any reason we now make a decision on an outstanding claim for Council Tax Benefit or we deal with an appeal that leads to a new Council Tax Benefit decision you can still:
- ask us (the Benefits Service) to explain our decision more fully;
- ask us to change our decision;
- make a late request for us to look at our decision again if a month has passed since the decision. You need to tell us why it's late;
- challenge a new decision if we change the decision and you still don't agree; or
- appeal to an independent tribunal.