Manchester City Council

Benefits & support If you disagree with our decision on Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support (and Council Tax Benefit)

Asking us to explain our decision more fully

You may not understand our decision. Our decision letter can cover Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support and less often Council Tax Benefit.

You can ask us to explain the decision more fully:

  • contact us by phone
  • make an appointment to see us - see an adviser at our Customer Service Centre at the Town Hall Extension, Albert Square (in the city centre) or at an office near you. You must make an appointment.
  • write to us to ask us for a 'statement of reasons' explaining our decision. We will reply to this request in writing and we aim to reply within 14 days. You must sign the request yourself.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?