Service Statement for 2013/2014
We will treat you with courtesy and respect and try to provide any help you need with your claim.
- If you send us a valuable document, for example a birth certificate or a passport, we will send it back to you within 24 hours by recorded delivery.
- If you claim Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support we will decide if you are entitled to the following other benefits at the same time:
- secondary-school clothing grants; and
- free school meals.
- If you send us a new claim we will either decide if you qualify or contact you for more information within five working days.
- If you tell us about a change we will write to tell you how it affects your benefit or write for more information within 14 days.
- If you need help or advice, including help to make an online claim, we will give you an appointment with an advisor, with a choice of time and place.
- If you have an appointment we will see you within 10 minutes of your appointment time.
- We will let you know if we think that you could claim other benefits.
- We will keep your personal information secure.
- We will communicate clearly and openly.
- If you have a complaint about our service we will investigate and respond within 10 working days.
We ask you to:
treat us with courtesy and respect;
- complete all claims and other documents by answering all the questions we ask you fully and honestly;
- provide all the evidence we ask for or let us know if you have any problems doing so;
- reply to us straightaway;
- tell us if you need help; and
- tell us of any changes straightaway.