Manchester City Council

Benefits & support Council Tax Support has changed from April 2017

Working-age households can only get help with 82.5% of their council tax bill

Working-age people now have to pay at least 17.5% of their council tax. Any Council Tax Support they get only goes towards the remaining 82.5%.

For example, council tax in Manchester for a band A property is £1001.41 per year. We work out how much Council Tax Support you can get to help you pay it, based on £826.16 (82.5% of the bill). So a working-age resident in a Band A property has to pay at least £175.25 themselves.

With a Single Person Discount on a band A property, the council tax reduces to £751.06 a year. We work out Council Tax Support based on £619.62 (82.5% of the bill). So a single working-age resident in a Band A property will pay at least £131.44 towards their council tax.
 

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

;