Manchester City Council

Births, marriages, deaths & nationality Before you buy your certificate

Copy certificate for a birth before 1 January 1928

If the person was born before 1 January 1928, we need their name at birth, date of birth and your payment details.

We also need information from either:

  • We need the Lancashire Birth Marriage and Deaths (BMD) reference and the registration district; or
  • the General Register Office (GRO) index (sometimes known as the St Catherine's House index). We need the page and volume name of the entry, registration district and 'quarter' the birth was registered. A genealogy service can help you with this.

Sorry, we can't verify any more information about the person before issuing a certificate eg their parents' names, occupation or address details. 

Already have this information?

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?