Locations and costs
For car park access use either St Margaret's Road, Sheepfoot Lane or Smithy Lodge entrances.
Postcodes for Sat Nav users, with approximate parking capacity in brackets:
- M25 2GT: St Margaret's Road Car Park (150), Garden Centre Car Park (9) and Hall Car Park (380)
M25 2SW: Golf Car Park (80)
M25 0DL: Lake Car Park (280) with seasonal overflow (1500).
Approximate walking distance to Farm Centre from car parks:
St Margaret's Road Car Park - 12 mins
Garden Centre Car Park - 15 mins
Hall Car Park - 5 mins
- Golf Car Park - 12 min
We have introduced this scheme to:
- improve access for emergency vehicles (parking outside the designated car parks will not be allowed)
- create clearly marked parking bays, including disabled spaces (we have resurfaced the Lake parking area)
- make pedestrian routes clearer and safer
- reduce congestion throughout the park by removing the need to stop and pay at entrances
- make parking consistent throughout the park
- protect historic parts of the park
- give a fair and consistent daily charging schedule.
All income from the scheme will be spent in Heaton Park, helping to fund ongoing maintenance and development projects, such as the resurfacing of the Lake carpark.