Manchester City Council

Councillor Sheila Newman

Our sympathies are with the family and friends of Councillor Sheila Newman, Executive Member for Children’s Services and current Lady Mayoress of Manchester, who passed away on 18 February.

Read our tribute.


Social services Getting ready to leave care

What to do if you aren’t happy with something

If you are unhappy with what is happening you should try and sort it out with your social worker or personal adviser first.

If you still aren’t happy you can speak to your independent reviewing officer and ask for your pathway plan to be reviewed.

Compliments comments or complaints

To complain about the service you've had from us speak to one of our managers or follow the children’s services complaints procedure.

If you need help or advice about a complaint speak to Coram Voice who run the children’s rights service.

To speak to the emergency out-of-hours social work team, call 0161 234 5001.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?