Manchester City Council

The Council & democracy Register to vote

Students and second homeowners

If you split your time between two addresses, for example if you're a student and have a home address and a term address or if you own and reside in more than one property, you can register to vote at both addresses as long as they're not both in the same council area.

At local elections you can vote in both places.

At national elections, like a general election, you can only vote in one place, but you can choose which place you vote in.

Voting in more than one place at national elections or referenda is a criminal offence.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?