Manchester City Council

Council tax What happens if you don't pay your council tax?

Enforcement agents

We can send enforcement agents (formerly known as bailiffs) to your home to seize property to raise money towards paying your council tax debt and our recovery costs.

We will send a letter two weeks before the enforcement agent's first visit telling you how much you owe.

You can contact the enforcement agent and offer to come to a repayment agreement. Do this straight away because the enforcement agent's costs will be added to your bill.

We employ three enforcement agencies:

Equita Limited
5th Floor
West Wing
Quay House
Quay Street
M3 3JE
Phone: 0161 834 2460

Marston Group Ltd (formerly Drakes Group Ltd)
Bridgeman House
Sun Street
Waltham Abbey
Phone: 0845 076 6262 

Rossendales Limited
PO Box 324
BB4 0GE  
Phone: 0844 701 3990
24hr payment line: 0845 078 1194

Any enforcement agency acting on our behalf should behave professionally, follow set procedures (including having an internal complaints procedure), and not take inappropriate action.

Enforcement agency code of practice (Council Tax)


Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?