Manchester City Council

Councillor Sheila Newman

Our sympathies are with the family and friends of Councillor Sheila Newman, Executive Member for Children’s Services and current Lady Mayoress of Manchester, who passed away on 18 February.

Read our tribute.


Homes & property Report a repair to your landlord

You must get in touch with your landlord about repairs first

You must always contact your landlord first to request a repair.  Send a letter or email. There’s a sample letter on the Shelter website. Keep a copy of your letter or email. 

Contact details for your landlord   

It is the landlord’s responsibility to give you their contact details or the details of their agent.

If this information isn't on your tenancy agreement or you don’t have one, contact Shelter about your rights.

If you rent from a housing association, you should be able to get your landlord's details from Housingnet.  

If you rent privately you can use the Land Registry to request your landlords details, for a small fee. But check for their details on any invoices or letters from them first.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?