Manchester City Council

Councillor Sheila Newman

Our sympathies are with the family and friends of Councillor Sheila Newman, Executive Member for Children’s Services and current Lady Mayoress of Manchester, who passed away on Sunday.

Read our tribute.


Parking The new Ardwick parking scheme

Apply for a carer permit

You may get a free transferable permit for someone caring for you at your home. This is a paper permit they should display on their dashboard and return to you before they leave.

If you lose your carers permit you can apply for a free replacement. If it is lost a second time there is a charge of £45 for a replacement.

For a carer permit you need:

Carers Assessment – copy of a letter showing that you or your carer have had a council carer assessment.


Carer's Allowance letter – copy of letter confirming that you get Carer's Allowance.


A letter from your healthcare provider confirming that you require care visits at home


Proof of address – for example a copy of recent utility or council tax bill or rent agreement.

Allow two weeks for delivery

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?