Manchester City Council

Sports, leisure & the Arts Chorlton Green Conservation Area

Control of development

Development proposals may, as with all conservation areas in Manchester, require either planning permission, Conservation Area Consent, or both. In appropriate cases, Listed Building Consent may also be required. The South Area team will give advice on such matters, and this should be sought at an early stage in the formulation of proposals. Given the limited opportunities in the area, any new building or extension will make a significant impact, and a scheme of high quality will be required.

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?