Manchester City Council

Schools & education Appeal against a school admissions decision

Have you received the offer of a place in the first year of primary school for September 2015? If you want to appeal against the decision, you must do so by Tuesday 19 May.  

If you have applied for a school place, and that application has been refused in writing, you have a right to appeal.

We can't accept an appeal if you did not formally apply for a place because you were told the school is full.

How to appeal

Appeal directly to the school if you want a place at:

  • St Catherine's Roman Catholic Primary School
  • King David Primary School
  • King David High School
  • The Manchester Academy
  • The East Manchester Academy
  • The Communications Academy
  • William Hulme Grammar School Academy
  • Wright Robinson College.

For any other school:

Appeal against a school admissions decision

Contact Details

School Admissions Service - for help with school place applications
Telephone: 0161 245 7166

Independent School Appeals Service - when an application for a place has been refused
PO Box 532
Town Hall
M60 2LA

Telephone: 0161 234 3038
Fax: 0161 274 7017


Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?