The following closures are in place from 7am Friday 24 August until 7am Tuesday 28 August in order to create a secure event site, with access by ticket only, for those attending Manchester Pride.
- Abingdon Street (Portland St - Canal St)
- Silver Street (Princess St- Abingdon St)
- Major Street (Princess St - Sackville St)
- Hart Street (Princess St - Abingdon St)
- Bloom Street (Princess St - Minshull St)
- Richmond Street (Princess St- Minshull St)
- Canal Street (Richmond St - Minshull St)
- Brazil Street (Sackville St - cul-de-sac end)
- Chorlton Street (Major St - Whitworth St)
- Silver St (Chorlton St - Minshull St)
- Major St (Chorlton St - Minshull St)
Sackville Street (Portland St - Whitworth St) will be closed from 6pm on Friday 24 August.
All closures will be lifted at 7am on Tuesday 28 August.
Motorists are also advised to avoid Manchester city centre during the Manchester Pride Parade which starts at 2 pm on Saturday 25 August.
The parade will begin on Liverpool Road and will follow a route along Deansgate past the Great Northern Square, turning right onto St Ann's Street. Turning right onto Cross Street, it will move onto Princess Street, turning left at Whitworth Street and finishing at Aytoun Street. Liverpool Road will be closed from 7am on Saturday as the parade is set up.
Along the parade route, from 1.30 pm, police will operate a rolling programme of short term road closures which will result in delays to traffic. All roads should be open by 4pm.
Fairfield Street from Whitworth Street to London Road will also be closed to facilitate dismantling of the floats. It is expected that the road will be open to traffic by 6 pm on 25 August.
Deborah Grace, tel 234 3332