The following closures are in place from 6am on Friday 22 August until 7am on Tuesday 26 August to create a safe and secure event site for those attending Manchester Pride 2008.
- Abingdon Street (from Portland St to Canal St)
- Silver Street (Princess St - Abingdon St)
- Major Street (Princess St - Sackville St)
- Hart Street (Princess St - Abingdon St)
- Bloom Street (Princess St - Minshull St)
- Richmond Street (Princess St - Minshull St)
- Canal Street (Richmond St - Minshull St)
- Brazil Street (Sackville St - cul-de-sac)
- Chorlton Street (Major St - Whitworth St)
- Sackville Street (Porltand St - Whitworth St)
- Major Street (Chorlton St - Minshull St)
All closures will be lifted by 7am on Tuesday 26 August.
Motorists are also advised that Liverpool Road will be closed from 6am on Saturday 23 August, for the floats to be set up for the Manchester Pride Parade, which will start in the afternoon at 1.30pm.
The parade will begin on Liverpool Road and will follow a route along Deansgate past the Great Northern Square, turning right onto St Ann's Street. Turning right onto Cross Street, it will move onto Princess Street, turning left at Whitworth Street and finishing at Aytoun Street.
Along the parade route, from 1.30pm, police will operate a rolling programme of short-term road closures, which will result in delays to traffic. Motorists are advised to avoid Manchester city centre from that time. All roads should be open again by 6pm.
Fairfield Street from Whitworth Street to London Road will also be closed for the dismantling of floats. It is expected that the road will be open again to traffic by 6pm on 23 August.
Penny Shannon, tel: 0161 234 3332.