You can appeal to us (the Revenues and Benefits Unit) if:
- You think we have billed the wrong person for your home.
- You think your home should be exempt from Council Tax.
- You think the amount of your Council Tax bill is wrong - for example, if you think you should have a discount or a disability reduction.
Email us to appeal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- your name and address; and
- what you think is wrong with the bill.
We may ask you for more information.
We will decide either that:
- the bill is wrong and send you a new one; or
- the bill is right and tell you why.
If you want to appeal because you think your property should be in a lower Council Tax valuation band you must contact the Valuation Office Agency instead.
If you are appealing about your Council Tax you must always continue to pay until your appeal is decided.