Manchester City Council

Manchester's thoughts and sympathies

Manchester is sharing its sympathy and solidarity with the family and friends of those killed in the attacks on London on 22 March.

Sign the online Book of condolence.


Homes & property Energy Performance Certificates

Every home that's put up for sale, every new home that's built, and every home that's rented out to a new tenant, needs an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).

The EPC allows prospective buyers and tenants to see information about the energy efficiency of their building. They can consider fuel costs before they buy or rent.

The certificate lasts ten years - but the owner of the building can get a new one before the ten years is up if they make energy efficiency improvements in the meantime.

Energy assessor

EPCs are issued by an accredited domestic energy assessor. Most estate agents employ their own assessor. Or find an energy assessor online (external website).

Check the assessor is qualified; ask them who they are accredited with and then check that company. Contact details of all the accreditation bodies are on the Communities and Local Government website.  

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?