Evidence of identity can be any of the following.
All documents must be original documents, not photocopies.
- Birth, marriage or civil partnership certificate; or divorce, annulment, separation or ending of a civil partnership papers in your current name. If your name has changed because of marriage or civil partnership, provide your marriage or civil partnership certificate as well.
- Passport (current and valid) or national identity card.
- Medical card or television licence in your name.
- Gas, electricity, water or phone bill (but not a mobile phone bill), in your name, received within the last three months.
- Current full or provisional driving licence (photocard or paper).
- Cheque card, credit card, debit card or cash card.
- Bank or building society statement (not older than four weeks) or passbook.
- Certificate of employment in HM Forces or Merchant Navy.
- B79 form for notice that you have been released from prison.
- Letter from a solicitor, social worker, probation officer, doctor or HM Revenue and Customs.
- Letter from the Home Office about immigration status.
- Residence permit, Police Registration Certificate, Immigration and Nationality Directorate travel document, standard acknowledgement letter (SAL1 or 2) or Application Registration Card (ARC).
These are examples, not a full list.