Evidence of your National Insurance number can be one of these.
All documents must be original documents, not photocopies.
- P45 or P60.
- Letter from HM Revenue and Customs about tax or tax credit.
- Bank statements showing payments by direct debit for class-2 National Insurance contributions, or benefit payments received showing your NINo on the statement, for example, Incapacity Benefit or State Pension.
- Payslips, salary statement or works pension statement (as long as it shows your NINo).
- Letter that the Pension Service or Jobcentre Plus has sent to you (not handwritten).
- NINo card (not handwritten).
These are examples, not a full list.