Manchester City Council

Social care & support Help for someone being abused or neglected

If a person is in immediate danger, dial 999 and ask for the police.

To report suspected abuse or neglect, contact us:

Telephone: 0161 234 5001

If you are just looking for general advice, you can email us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible:


Domestic Abuse

Deprivation of Liberty (DOLS)

Information about:

Mental Capacity Act

Advice about child protection

  • Visit or call the NSPCC on 0808 800 5000 (free 24 hour service) if you have concerns or are worried about a child
  • Visit or call Childline on 0800 1111 (free 24 hour service) if you are under 19 and are experiencing feelings of stress, anxiety or if you are lonely or down and need someone to talk to


Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?