Check here to see the most recent information published on site.
New scheme will get 5,000 Working Well in Greater Manchester
A new Greater Manchester initiative is helping 5,000 benefits claimants, who have struggled to find work, through more integrated and intensive support.
Local and European election countdown commences
The countdown has begun to European parliamentary and local elections on Thursday 22 May.
Manchester’s innovative Housing Investment Fund given green light
The contract for a new joint venture company – Matrix Homes – has been signed this week that will drive Manchester’s pioneering housing investment model in a first-of-its-kind partnership.
Work starts on new Hough End Leisure Centre
Project leaders and partners came together on Thursday 10 April to mark the start of work on the brand new leisure centre at Hough End, south Manchester.
Half a million reasons why Manchester Art Gallery is celebrating
Manchester Art Gallery has attracted more than 500,000 visitors in a year for the first time.
Belle Vue readies to reclaim its leisure crown
Major plans to develop Belle Vue into a world class sport and leisure destination have progressed as new proposals for the Belle Vue Sports Village are agreed by Manchester City Council.
Airport windfall transforms more city neighbourhoods
Areas of Manchester are to be transformed into wildlife havens or vibrant centres under new projects funded by an airport windfall.
Schools get together to improve neighbourhoods
Youngsters and teachers at three Whalley Range primaries are working with residents to improve south Manchester neighbourhoods – and the call has gone out for more schools to join them.
Victory for privacy ticks the right box
Manchester City Council’s Electoral Registration Officer has succeeded in a legal battle to help protect the privacy of people on the electoral register.
Abraham Moss Centre relaunches after a five year transformation
After a five year development, the Abraham Moss Centre is ready to re-establish its role at the heart of the Crumpsall and Cheetham communities, providing valuable services for North Manchester.
- New scheme will get 5,000 Working Well in Greater Manchester
- Reception 2014 - How offers were made
- Reception 2014 - How offers were made
- Business Rates hardship relief (open business) form
- Business Rates policy document on areas of local discretion April 2014
- Notice of Election - Ringway Parish - 22 May 2014
- Notice of Election - European - 22 May 2014
- Notice of Election - Local - 22 May 2014
- 10 April 2014 - Joint Venture with GMPF to establish "Matrix Homes" company to construct new homes for market sale and market rent
- 3 February 2014 - Capital Expediture Northwards Works 2014/15
- 9 April 2014 - Capital Expenditure Project Catalyst
- Get an extra rubbish bin because of special requirements
- Order a new recycling bin
- Vélocity 2025
- Corporate Social Responsibility - SNAP: support your local school
- Pay your council tax
- Collyhurst's transformation: find out more and comment on the next phase
- Council Tax for annexes
- Borrow money safely
- Help if legal action is being taken against you
- Expert help with your debts
Poppy will explore a contemporary conceptual view on the Commemoration of the First World War 2014 – 18.
The Last Days of Troy / Britannia Waves the Rules
At a time when the nation is commemorating World War 1, it tells the story of an ancient battle, its legendary heroes and noble losers.
A Land Fit for Heroes
A Land Fit For Heroes will examine how World War I changed society, radically altering the social, economic, cultural and political outlook of the British people.
Men Behind the Medals
This special exhibition celebrates the stories of men whose medals are held by the museum.
From the War of Nature
Boxing hares, burrowing parasites, baby birds and prowling wolves are just some of the characters appearing in this story of predation, competition, cooperation and collaboration.
First World War Commemoration Service
A service at Manchester Cathedral to commemorate the centenary of the start of the First World War.
Lecture: Kathryn Tynan - Diary of a Woman in Wartime
Through her collected press cuttings, notes and letters; experience the fascinating record of one woman’s experience during the war.
Aftermath: 100 years of creativity from conflict
Marking the centenary of the start of the First World War, Aftermath is both an act of commemoration for lives lost or shattered by war, and a celebration of the enduring spirit of humanity.
Reactions 14: Second Breath with English National Ballet
Join IWM North for an evening of dance, poetry, music and conversation as part of Museums At Night, the first time IWM North has delivered such an exclusive and intimate contemporary programme.
Reactions 14: Vertical Echoes by Bill Fontana
Bill Fontana has a reputation for his pioneering experiments in sound, and has worked on projects around the world including the Millennium Bridge and Tate Modern.
Latest Press Releases
- Comment on The Christie hospital development
- Exciting Developments are taking place in Alexandra Park!
- Get Me Toasty
- Work Clubs in North Manchester
- Apply online and on time for your child's reception place.
- Yes – you can find a job here!
- Great British Tennis Weekend goes down a massive hit in Manchester.
- Abraham Moss Warriors cricket initiative
- A World Championship Bronze for Lee Whitely
- Mountain biking manager ready to hit the trails!