Check here to see the most recent information published on site.
Pankhurst portrait illustrates value of Manchester's Women's Awards
A magnificent portrait of Emmeline Pankhurst is to take pride of place in the Rates Hall in Manchester Town Hall.
Mancunians invited to sign Mandela book of condolence
Manchester residents and visitors are being invited to sign a book of condolence which has been opened following the death of Nelson Mandela.
Innovative Housing Investment Fund to bring new homes to Manchester
The Housing Investment Fund is a ground-breaking home building model that uses available development land owned by Manchester City Council while an investor finances the build, delivering 241 homes.
Beswick road naming to be inspired by historical Mancunians
Local schools will present to a panel of judges at the Etihad Stadium who they think should be immortalised in East Manchester.
Manchester City Council named Best in the North West for employing Apprentices
Manchester City Council has been named the North West’s Macro Employer of the Year at this year’s National Apprenticeship Awards.
Plumbers negligence puts residents’ lives at risk
Plumber Liam Gurney has been ordered to pay nearly £4,000 after putting residents’ lives at risk by inadequately installing a gas boiler.
New plans for future of Fallowfield Library revealed
A new vision for the future of Fallowfield Library has been announced, which aims to build a sustainable future for the centre.
New range of vintage Manchester posters bring city's archives to life
Shoppers looking for the perfect Christmas present for the Mancunian in their life are invited to visit Manchester’s new online Poster Shop.
Black cab driver forced to pay a grand after refusing passengers
A black cab driver who refused to pick up two men who flagged him down in the city centre has been ordered to pay more than a grand.
News Release: Top health boss on board with Manchester's mobile health clinic
One of England’s leading health chiefs has visited Manchester on a fact-finding mission to see several of the city’s health initiatives.
- Pankhurst portrait illustrates value of Manchester's Women's Awards
- Application form for reduction for student, apprentice, youth trainee or school leaver
- Application for a Council Tax reduction for full-time students, apprentices and school leavers
- 3 December - Housing External Cyclical Works
- 3 December - Collyhurst Regeneration, Highways
- 3 December - Collyhurst Village Churnet Street
- Mental Health Consultation - Commissioning Intentions
- The Register of Key Decisions to be taken from 3 December 2013 onward
- List of properties with rateable values up to £12,000 not getting small business rate relief
- List of occupied business rate properties
- List of properties getting small business rate relief
- Environmental Education - Recycle with Michael
- Mental Health Consultation
- Manchester People - November 13
- Comply with the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Small Business Saturday
- Get a new bin, box or recycling bag
- Executive Member for Housing and Regeneration
- Homelessness Review 2013
- Manchester Youth Market
- Early Help - Working together to Support Families
Free dog microchipping event in Wythenshawe
Get your pooch microchipped for free this winter!
Bupa Great Manchester Run
The Bupa Great Manchester Run is Europe’s biggest 10k running event and attracts forty thousand runners of all abilities.
Chinese New Year 2014
Celebrate the Year of the Horse in Manchester.
Openshaw Lantern Parade and Christmas Lights Switch On
The parade starts at St Barnabas School on Parkhouse Street, before moving to Openshaw Park for the lights switch on.
Singing Christmas Carols
Join us to sing Christmas carols in the Town Hall.
Manchester Irish Festival
Manchester's award winning Irish Festival celebrates its 19th Birthday
Foster for Manchester Open Day
Find out whether fostering could be right for you by coming to our open event.
The Hallé performs The Messiah
Not so much a choral work as an institution, for many, Handel’s great oratorio Messiah has become an essential part of the build-up to Christmas.
Clock tower tours
A new series of Clock Tower Tours are available this winter.
This Christmas, Manchester Arndale will be transformed into a magical winter wonderland with a brand-new towering Christmas tree star grotto.
- Free dog microchipping event in Wythenshawe
Latest Press Releases
- International Women's Day 2014 Awards nominations
- Holt Town Draft Regeneration Framework Consultation
- Work Clubs in North Manchester
- Apply online and on time for your child's reception place.
- Manchester City and England star kick starts exciting new housing development
- Yes – you can find a job here!
- Digital Days
- Great British Tennis Weekend goes down a massive hit in Manchester.
- Abraham Moss Warriors cricket initiative
- Street Athletics 2013 – Manchester Champions