Check here to see the most recent information published on site.
Manchester's refurbished Central Library brings history to life
The magnificent Emmeline Pankhurst artwork, which currently is on show in the Rates Hall in Manchester Town Hall, will be given a permanent home in the newly refurbished Central Library.
Heaton Park boosted by Clean City fund
Heaton Park is to benefit from major improvements under projects funded by a £14.5m airport windfall.
Sport Relief 2014: Join in the fun and games
It’s time to dig out the running kit as Sport Relief returns to Manchester. On Sunday 23 March the Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile will be setting off from outside Manchester Town Hall, Albert Square, with hundreds of local residents showing their support for Sport Relief 2014 by choosing to run either one, three or six miles.
Residents urged to beat litter with clean-up grants
Residents who want to help keep Manchester litter-free are being offered grants to run regular clean-up events funded by an airport windfall.
A helping hand for job hunters at Job City
Local people looking to get their hands on a new job are invited to a free major public recruitment event at the Etihad Stadium.
‘Rubbish mountain’ to launch city centre litter clampdown
A huge pile of rubbish collected from Manchester city centre’s streets over a single week will be put on display to launch a huge campaign to crack down on the problem.
Phil Neville kicks off city centre playgrounds
Football legend Phil Neville has kicked off the first of two playgrounds set to turn Manchester city centre into an even friendlier destination for families.
Have your voice heard at Manchester LGBT Question Time
To mark Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans* (LGBT) History Month which takes place throughout February Manchester City Council, in partnership with organisations across the city, will host the second annual LGBT Question Time at the town hall on Sunday 23 February, 12-2pm.
Freedom of the city awarded to graphene scientists
Professor Sir Andre Geim FRS and Professor Sir Kostya Novoselov FRS were awarded the Honorary Freedom of the City of Manchester on 17 February 2014 for their work on the material graphene.
Reduced fuel bills for Greater Manchester residents
Around 60,000 households are set to save money on their fuel bills as a campaign to make the region’s homes more energy efficient gets underway.
- Manchester's refurbished Central Library brings history to life
- Partnership Governance Self Assessment Form
- Bailiff/enforcement agent fees examples
- Q05q 2011 Census Summary Workday population
- Q05m 2011 Census Summary Qualifications
- Q05l 2011 Census Summary Tenure - residents aged 65 and over
- Q05k 2011 Census Summary Tenure
- Q05j 2011 Census Summary Provision of Unpaid Care
- Q05h 2011 Census Summary Long-term Health Problem or Disability
- Q05i 2011 Census Summary Persons per Bedroom
- Q05g 2011 Census Summary General Health
- North Manchester ward plans
- East Manchester ward plans
- Our consultation commitment
- Statistics on JSA claimant count
- Manchester People - February 2014
- Preparing for Emergencies
- Aged 4 to 18 years? Design a celebration postcard
- Crowd funding - raising funding on your terms
- Early learning for two year olds Capital Grant Funding 2013-14
- The Community Right to Bid
Manchester Histories Festival
Featuring talks by renowned historians, film, performance, tours and exhibitions. The festival reveals new and hidden histories and celebrates familiar ones from across Greater Manchester.
Big Digital Project
Come and see Contact Theatre illuminated by a spectacular lightshow created and staged by local people.
Big Digital Project 2014 Finale
See Manchester Town Hall in a whole new way, and celebrate the creativity of local people.
The Sport Relief Mile
The race is on Manchester. Dig out your running kit, get sponsored and help transform the lives of people living here in the UK and in some of the world’s poorest countries.
City of Manchester 7s
The City of Manchester 7s is the largest sports and music festival in the North of England and takes place every year in May.
Great Manchester Cycle
The UK’s largest timed cycling event returns to the city.
Great Manchester Swim
Staged in the vibrant Salford Quays, the unique ‘dock to dock’ course is an unforgettable experience in the open water.
LGBT Question Time
To mark Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender History Month we are hosting the second annual LGBT Question Time at the Town Hall on Sunday 23 February.
Superfast broadband information for landlords
Make your building more attractive to tenants: get a high-speed broadband connection.
Senior fours basketball finals
The senior final fours brings together the top four teams of English basketball's division 1 men and women, for a full weekend of basketball.
- Manchester Histories Festival
Latest Press Releases
- Comment on The Christie hospital development
- Exciting Developments are taking place in Alexandra Park!
- Get Me Toasty
- Work Clubs in North Manchester
- Apply online and on time for your child's reception place.
- Yes – you can find a job here!
- Great British Tennis Weekend goes down a massive hit in Manchester.
- Abraham Moss Warriors cricket initiative
- A World Championship Bronze for Lee Whitely
- Mountain biking manager ready to hit the trails!