Check here to see the most recent information published on site.
Deal for National Cycling Centre naming rights proposed
A proposed deal to sell naming rights for the National Cycling Centre and generate extra funds to invest in sport and leisure is to be considered by the Council’s Executive on Wednesday 14 December.
Tech hubs will help drive Manchester's digital revolution Forward
Grants of £2m each have been awarded to create two new technology business hubs in Manchester – with a goal of creating and sustaining 2,000 jobs over the next decade.
Library Live arts programme goes citywide
Manchester is to expand its Library Live arts programme, bringing a new wave of original performances, installations and participatory events to four libraries across the city.
Citywide libraries survey reveals progress
Satisfaction with Manchester’s library service has climbed to more than 93 per cent, according to a recent survey
Announcement about new chief executive
Joanne Roney will be recommended as the new chief executive of Manchester City Council, subject to confirmation.
Manchester’s Christmas tree has arrived
The Manchester Christmas Tree has found a new home at Festive Cathedral Gardens, moving from its former location on Albert Square.
Follow the QR Tree Trail at Marie Louise Gardens
Marie Louise Gardens will be taking part in National Tree Week by holding an event to plant four new trees in the gardens and give visitors the chance to explore an innovative new digital tree trail.
Hark! The Lord Mayor sings…
Manchester Town Hall’s corridors will ring with festive cheer on Thursday 8 December at the Lord Mayor’s annual Christmas Carol Concert.
Manchester clamps down to stop persistent parking offenders
Manchester City Council is launching a new parking enforcement operation against motorists who repeatedly evade parking tickets.
Early HIV testing is encouraged as Manchester residents prepare to mark World AIDS Day
Manchester is to mark World AIDS Day (WAD) with a number of events being held across the city.
- Deal for National Cycling Centre naming rights proposed
- 5 December 2016 - Lease for 6th floor No 1 Piccadilly
- Application for a copy marriage certificate
- Manchester City Council Post 16 Transport Policy Statement - 2016/17
- Health and Wellbeing Board Members, P Marshall
- 1 December 2016 - Lease of land at City Square
- The Register of Key Decisions
- Quarterly Economic Dashboard
- MM Trader Information Sheet
- Freedom of Information Request Form
- 25 November 2016 - Immobilising untaxed vehicles
- LGBCE consultation on its proposals for Manchester's new council ward boundaries
- Water Street SRF Consultation Nov' 2016
- St John's SRF Consultation November 2016
- Licensing news November 2016
- Political and Trade Union Records
- Henry Watson Music library
- Ethnic minorities in our city
- Poor Law, workhouses and industrial schools
- Methodist records
- Court records
Christmas events in parks
Events across parks in Manchester this Christmas.
2016 AJ Bell British Squash Grand Prix
The 2016 AJ Bell British Squash Grand Prix, a PSA M70 tournament, which is part of the PSA World Tour for men.
Join our weekly bridge club
Get help with using a computer
Digital drop in for basic computing
Local history group
Join our popular group
Citizens advice appointment session
Book an appointment to see Citizens Advice
Bobbins knitting group
Join our knitting group
Benefits advice session
Appointment only monthly benefits advice surgery
Come along to discuss your favourite novels
Cathedral Gardens Ice Rink
There’s so much to do for the family this Christmas time
- Christmas events in parks