St Peters Square, City Centre, M2 5PD
Opening times for library
Computer access within the library will shut down 15 minutes before the library closes.
City Library opening times:
- Monday: 8am-8pm
- Tuesday: 8am-8pm
- Wednesday: 8am-8pm
- Thursday: 8am-8pm
- Friday: 8am-5pm
- Saturday: 9am-5pm
- Sunday: closed
Central library cafe opening times
Tiny tots and toddler time every Tuesday 10.30am to 11am, (term time only).
The basement has been transformed into a spacious, modern, comfortable library flooded with light.
- Books for loan including other languages: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese and Mandarin, Farsi/Persian, French, German, Irish, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Urdu.
- Books for all ages and tastes;
- Fiction and non-fiction;
- Teen and children's books;
- Large print;
- Audio books;
- Meeting spaces;
- Reading spaces and group study areas;
- Free wifi
- Computer facilities, internet & free computers - you can book using the self-service booking terminals in Central Library and the Town Hall Extension.
- Newspapers and magazines;
- Language courses;
There may be a charge for some services see fines and charges
You can also issue and return items using the self-service machines.
Also see the services at Central Library
Join, search and reserve
More about Libraries