692 Wilmslow Road, Didsbury, M20 2DN
0161 227 3755
About this library
One hundred years ago, the generous Scottish-American Andrew Carnegie funded this fabulous library building in Didsbury. And since 1915, when it was opened with a golden key, generations of Didsbury villagers have learned to love stories and learning and literature here.
Still going strong, his wonderful gift awaits you . . . the books still free, plus DVDs, wifi, local history, reading groups and fun activities for the next generation. What a gift.
Opening times for library
Computer access within the library will shut down 15 minutes before the library closes.
- Opening hours
- Monday 9am–8pm
- Tuesday 9am–8pm
- Wednesday closed
- Thursday 9am–5pm
- Friday 9am–5pm
- Saturday 9am–1pm, 2–5pm
- Sunday closed
Bank holidays we are closed.
The library will be closed on Tuesday 13 November.
Yes - access to the car park is to the rear of the library, off Barlow Moor Road
- Al-Anon every Fridays 12-2pm. Hope for friends and families of problem drinkers firstname.lastname@example.org or phone for local groups 0207 4030888. Al-anon and alateen.
- Childrens French books to borrow, alternate Saturdays 2-4.30pm - La Petite Ecole de Manchester is a Saturday school for children from French speaking families from ages 3 to 15 years. We have a small library of French language childrens books to loan – phone library for details;
- Tiny tots and toddler time every Monday 2pm to 2.30pm and every Thursday 10am to 10.30am (term time only);
- Tiny tots and toddler time in French alternate Tuesdays 11am to 11.30am (term time only), phone library for more details;
- French library alternate Saturdays, phone library for more information 2-4.30pm;
- Good neighbours silver surfers every Wednesday 10-11.30am - over 55s IT drop in session; and
- Literature group Mondays (first and third of the month) 12-1.30pm, come along to discuss literature.
View the regular events at Didsbury Library.
- Books for loan
- CDs for loan
- Children's DVDs for loan
- Free wifi in Manchester including libraries
- Computer facilities, internet & free computers
- DVDs for loan
- Exhibition space
- Health information point
- Language courses for loan
- Local studies collection
- Newspapers and magazines
- Printing and photocopying
- Reading group
- Talking books for loan
There may be a charge for some services see fines and charges
Join, search and reserve
More about Libraries