Hulme High Street Library, Leisure Centre, Hulme High Street, M15 5NN
0161 227 3739
About this library
Hulme had the very first branch library of Manchester’s free library – which was itself the country’s first free library.
And free public access to books still matters here with the library now based in the leisure centre on Hulme High Street.
Hulme’s pioneering, independent spirit lives on here.
Opening times for library
- Mondays: 1–5pm
- Tuesdays: closed
- Wednesdays: 9am-1pm & 2pm-6pm
- Thursdays: 9am-1pm
- Fridays: 9am-1pm & 2pm-5pm
- Saturdays: 9am-1pm & 2–5pm
- Closed on bank holidays
Computer access within the library will shut down 15 minutes before the centre closes.
Underground car parking
- Books for loan including other languages/collections: African-Caribbean
- Children's DVDs
- Free wifi in Manchester including libraries
- Computer facilities, internet access & free computers
- Health information point
- Local studies collection
- Newspapers and magazines
- Printing and photocopying
- Talking Books for loan
There may be a charge for some services see fines and charges
Join, search and reserve
More about Libraries