Trade casually at neighbourhood markets

  1. Summary

    If you want to sell goods or services on a casual basis at either Longsight market one of the neighbourhood markets, including the second-hand and mixed markets, or Gorton pop-up market, you need to apply for a casual registration agreement.

  2. Fees

    None for the application however market occupancy charges will apply.

  3. Application and guidance notes

    Apply to trade casually

  4. Attachments required

    a) Passport-sized colour photograph;

    b) Proof of eligibility to work in the UK (passport, photo identity card);

    c) Proof of address (financial statement, utility bill or TV licence, insurance certificate/document etc);

    d) Proof of your valid public liability insurance policy providing a minimum cover of £5million or NMTF membership card;

    e) Certificate of registration with Environmental Health for a food business establishment (if applicable);

    f) Certificate of registration with Trading Standards for a dealer in second-hand goods (if applicable).

  5. Processing and timescales

    Providing the application is valid it will be processed within 14 days.

    If you are approved we will send you a casual registration agreement.

  6. Legislation

  7. Validity and renewals

    Registration will remain in force until the expiry of your public liability insurance or visa, whichever is the soonest, unless it is changed or cancelled. Where the details you have registered with us change, you must provide notification within 14 days of the changes.

    If you want to change what you want to sell, you'll need to change your occupancy agreement.

  8. Eugo Logo

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Fields marked * cannot be left blank

Feedback submitted to us on this form is monitored but you won’t receive a reply. In an emergency, visit our emergency contact details page. Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.