This privacy notice explains what personal information is collected, what it is used for and who it is provided to. The notice also describes why the Council requires your data, and the legal basis on which it does this.
This privacy notice relates to the Council’s local land charges service. It provides additional information that specifically relates to this particular service, and should be read together with our general privacy notice, which provides more detail
What personal information does this service use?
This service uses personal information, such as:
- contact details (postal address, telephone number, email address, etc).
What is your personal information used for?
We use your personal information to carry out functions in respect of local land charges. The processing of this data is necessary for processing your request and administering the local land charges regime. This includes:
- completing and return to the appropriate person property related search requests
- answering enquiries related to property related search reports
- maintaining the local land charges register
- creating aggregated, depersonalised data and statistics which may be shared with a external stakeholders who have a role in supporting local land charges in Manchester, or for carrying out research and analysis. Individuals cannot be identified using this data.
What is the lawful basis we are relying on?
We need to process the personal information set out above to perform our public tasks (Art 6 (1) (e) of the GDPR
Where has your personal information come from?
All of the personal information that we hold is provided by you in your request and the supporting documents you provided with it, or from other departments of the Council.
Who will we share your personal information with?
Personal data is shared, and received, securely with other parties and organisations (such as other council departments) where it is both necessary and appropriate to do so as part of the search process. Any information sharing is managed in accordance with relevant legislation.
How long will we keep your information?
Our retention schedule sets out how long we keep personal information for.
Your personal information and your rights
You can find out more about your rights regarding the personal information used for this service. Your rights apply to the information held by the Council as a data controller, and the information we hold on behalf of the other data controllers.
Contacting us about your data and updates