Apply to permanently close a footpath, bridleway of restricted byway - stopping up orders

Use this form if you want to stop up a highway that is a:

  • footpath - where people can only travel on foot; or
  • bridleway - where people can only travel on foot or horseback; or
  • restricted byway - where can travel in anyway except motorised vehicles.

We will work out which kind of order you need based on the answers you give.

When you go through the form, you have about 20 minutes to complete each page. Don't use your normal 'Back' button to return to an earlier question, but use the 'Previous' button on the page you are on.

Questions marked * must be answered.