Pavement licence application

Use this form to register interest in a temporary licence to operate an external seating area.

If you require an annual tables and chairs licence, you should use the normal licence application.

A licence will only be granted to a named individual related to the main premises the outside seating area is associated with. Read guidance

You will be required to upload:

  • a scale plan of the proposed licensed area to submit your application.
  • a glassware risk assessment (if applying for a waiver of the glassware condition)

We will send you a link to pay the required fee online. You will need to display a notice advertising the application at the premises for 7 consecutive days beginning with the day after you make the payment. During this period we will consult with the highway authority and other persons as appropriate. 

After the 7-day consultation period has finished, taking into account any representations made by any person, we will grant or reject the application.

About this form:

When you go through the form, you have about 20 minutes to complete each page. Don't use your normal 'Back' button to return to an earlier question, but use the 'Previous' button on the page you are on. Questions marked * can't be left blank.