Application for travel support for college students with SEND and EHP

This form must be completed by students, parents or carers who wish to apply for travel support to college and further education for students with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND) or an Education Health Care Plan (EHC plan).

You can read our travel support for students with SEND policy or call us on 0161 219 6400. 

It can take up to 30 days from the receipt of your application to the start of a travel solution. This may be less, if appropriate evidence, where required, is readily available, therefore please allow as much time as possible. 

It is the legal responsibility of the parent/carer to ensure their child attends school regularly including the period during this application process. Read more about the process

The information provided on this application form will be used to ensure that the council’s records are correct. It may also be shared with other agencies and service providers to ensure that your child receives an appropriate service. For further information, please see our privacy notice.

The information on this form will be used to assess whether your child may be entitled to travel support. If travel support is declined, you will be notified in writing stating the reasons why. Where necessary a more detailed review of the circumstances will be undertaken and written evidence may be required from you or from educational/medical experts prior to reaching a decision. If you disagree with the decision you may appeal.

Using this form

When you go through the form, don't use your normal 'Back' button to return to an earlier question. Use the 'Previous' button at the bottom of the page you are on. 

Questions marked * can't be left blank.

You have about 20 minutes to fill in each page of this form.