Apply for money off your Council Tax bill for another reason

You can use this form if you are applying for an exemption for a property where:

  • armed forces accommodation whether occupied or unoccupied.
  • visiting armed forces accommodation as long as at least one resident who would be liable for Council Tax is a member (or dependent) of a visiting force and is neither a British citizen or ordinary resident in the UK.
  • at least one liable person has diplomatic privileges or immunity as long as they are not a permanent UK resident, British citizen, British subject or British protected person and the UK is not their main residence or another dwelling in the UK is not their main residence.
  • it is part of another property (an annexe or 'granny flat') and a dependant relative lives there who is 65 or over, severely mentally impaired or substantially and permanently disabled. We will give the exemption for as long as the dependant relative lives there.

Evidence you'll need to submit with each type of application

  • A property annexe - the name the person living in the annexe and the date they moved in.
  • Armed forces accommodation - a certificate issued under Section 11 of the Visiting Forces Act 1952, or written confirmation from the relevant defence organisation.
  • Some one in part time armed forces accommodation - the name and address of your accommodation, the date you moved in and when you are expected to leave. 
  • Diplomats - a Form 3 (formerly known as form TX19) which is stamped by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

Using this form

When you go through the form, you have about 20 minutes to complete each page.

Don't use your normal 'Back' button to return to an earlier question, but use the 'Previous' button on the page you are on.

Questions marked * can't be left blank.