Application for hardship relief from business rates

Before you start

This form must be completed by the ratepayer. If the ratepayer is a company, it can be completed by an employee.

Without exception, any business rates refund will be made directly to the ratepayer and not to a third party.

  • You will need your business rates reference number, find this on your business rates bill.
  • You must also supply the following information for us to consider your application:
    • If you are a sole trader:
      • And you are employed you must provide copies of your payslips for the last three months.
      • You must also provide details of your income and expenditure for the last three months. Download and complete the income and expenditures sheet
      • If you are not employed, provide proof of your income for the last three months
    • If you are a company:
      • You must provide the current financial year’s trading figures and the previous two years’ audited accounts.
      • If you are not trading, proof for three months bank statements and copies of wage slips  

Please have these ready to upload before beginning the form.

Using this form

When you go through the form, you have about 20 minutes to complete each page.

Don't use your normal 'Back' button to return to an earlier question, but use the 'Previous' button on the page you are on.

Questions marked * can't be left blank.