Apply for prior consent: noise from construction sites

Complete this form if you plan to carry out noisy construction works outside of normal working hours. This will allow us to consider whether works are acceptable or not with respect to protecting any nearby residents who could be impacted by noise.  

If we refuse the request, it does not legally stop you from carrying out the proposed works but if you do, you will be at risk from enforcement action under Section 60 of the Control of Pollution Act 1974 if you do not have adequate controls in place.

If the proposed works are on or are next to the highway then you should already have permission from our Highways Department (guidelines for working hours in this instance are different to construction normal working hours). Find out more about what is required for different highways permits.

If you want formal permission you will need to make an application in accordance with section 61 of the Control of Pollution Act 1974. We will consider applications within 28 days of receipt in accordance with the Act. 

If you want to apply for formal Section 61 consent please email to request an application form and further guidance.

About this form:

When you go through the form, don't use your normal 'Back' button to return to an earlier question; use the 'Previous' button at the bottom of the page you are on. 

Questions marked * can't be left blank.

You have 20 minutes to complete each page of the form.